11.08.2006

"Retroruuvaus" Fiddling with old machines

I have high hopes of getting my hands on Windows 2000 RC1 media, so I can finally install it on my Alpha and be the proud owner of of a ultra rare and not supported combination of an obsolete 32bit Windows RC1 OS, that was unusable before SP2, on a "powerful" 64bit machine designed for VMS/Unix.
What could be better than that!

I'm also "hoping" to add a Sun Ultra 5 to my collection.
(actually Sun systems don't interest me but what the hell, one more oddity in the collection just to make it more representative of the RISC processor families)
But what can one do whit an UltraSparc?
It was suggested to me that I should install Solaris 10 on it. Jee, why not. I can check that out. But that is so obvious and isn't that special and as we all know you cant really do anything whit a Unix/Linux OS. (making friends here ;)
I do have a twisted idea on what to try but I'll keep it to my self 4 now so no one "beats me to the punch" ;)
Stay tuned!

No comments: